Monday, July 1, 2013

From the Kitchen....

One reason why you haven't seen me much in the spring was because everything was booming in the garden.  First I made dill spears with the big cukes. 

Then a week or so later, my smaller cukes were ready.  I had the hardest time with getting enough of these once the rains started coming daily.  I had to supplement with a couple pounds from the Farmer's Market.

 photo 2013-06-17205549Picklingcukes.jpg


I had to make sure catepillars weren't eating everything (including all my little pickles) and then pick what was growing.  Then, I have put up several jars of bread-n-butter pickles. 

Here is a pic of onions, sweet bell peppers and cukes that were prepped overnight.

 photo 2013-06-17205555BreadButterBefore.jpg

Here is the results of what I pickled.  Also, I threw in some jalapenos for fun.  Not sure they'll taste good but we may have found something new to do with all those peppers.

 photo 2013-06-18095032PicklingResults.jpg

I even tried a new Italian recipe where you put your green beans into homemade pasta sauce.  It was actually pretty good.

 photo 2013-06-17174127BeansPasta.jpg

Let me see what else I can find to share with you!

God bless,
Robin

No comments: