Thursday, December 12, 2013

FINALS, FOOD AND FUR

by Robin

It has been such a stressful couple weeks with the eldest going through finals with his dual-enrollment.  Let's say that I don't like it when he rides the fence between grades and then ends up with the lower grade.  BUT, I have to remember that he's just a disappointed and that the grade was still wonderful for such a hard and demanding class.  And my boy, he's so easy-going that I wouldn't change that for the world.  So, that is DONE!

Then, we moved onto a couple more finals for my youngest.  Co-op came to a close on Tuesday.  We have a couple more classes continuing through next week.  Yeah. We can handle that.  Today is dress rehearsal for a play that Andrew is in.  Tomorrow is the big day!  I've got to charge and clear off my bloggie so I can video the whole thing.

Here are some pictures from the week.

I made candy for the kids at the co-op.  It was suppose to be suckers but that didn't work, so we poured a layer and cracked it.  Very effective.

 photo 2013-12-09070555Candy.jpg

Then, while I was doing dishes, my fur babies were bored and waiting for me to do something involving food.

 photo 2013-12-11022540Furbabies.jpg

Later, Lulu was tired of being a dog and decided she would hang out under the Christmas tree.  Ironic that our Easter Bunny is with the Christmas tree.  It made me think of that saying about folks who only attend church for Easter or Christmas.  They're called Chreasters.  Well, I think we have a Chreaster bunny now.

 photo 2013-12-11023715CreasterBunny.jpg

And then today, I was working the garden.  Had to remove a few caterpillars that were destroying my tomato plant.  Wow, it was like massive overnight destruction.  They even ate 2 small tomatoes. Bad.

But the good news is that the chickens eat them right up - Justice!  Then, I picked a couple heads of broccoli.  One was flowering because of all our mid-80's heat.  And I picked 3 turnips to have with dinner tonight.  I washed them outside with the hose to remove most the dirt.  They're drying out here now.

 photo 2013-12-11225744turnips.jpg

So, now I've got to run and begin the next couple of hours of errands and dental cleanings and dress rehearsals.

Catching that Holiday Spirit!
Robin


No comments: